This is an extra easy Slow Cooker Vegetable Chili. A hearty meal without any meat. Serve a hot bowl of chili with homemade cornbread or warm buttered tortillas. The chili can also be made on the stovetop for 2 hours stirring occasionally, however cooking in the slow cooker really helps to develop all the flavors and you can’t beat the set-it-and-forget cooking with a slow cooker.
✔ Main Ingredients Notes
The full list of ingredients, detailed instructions, and the recipe notes for vegetable and bean chili are included in the recipe card below.
- Beans – A mix of black and kidney beans give the chili a nice flavor balance. You can also use chili beans or all-black beans.
- Vegetables – Red and green peppers, zucchini, and onion are all you need to use for a beautiful hearty chili. Of course, you can experiment with using your favorite vegetables or add carrots or parsnips for something a little different.
- Seasoning – The chili sauce and chili powder add a nice spice to the chili. You can adjust the amounts to make the recipe more or less spicy.
Did you make this recipe? I would love it if you left a comment or review! Be sure to follow “The Stew Lady” that’s me! on Pinterest.
✎ How to Make The Recipe
- 1 Can (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 Can (14.5-ounce) can black beans drained
- 1 Can (14.5-ounce )can red kidney drained
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- Preheat a 4-quart slow cooker on low while preparing the ingredients. Lightly coat the inside of the stoneware crock with vegetable spray.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans, and kidney beans to the slow cooker. Add in the diced vegetables, chili powder, and chili sauce.
- Stir lightly to mix the veggies.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
Serve with rolled warm tortillas and top with a dollop of sour cream.
Serve with homemade cornbread
Try leftover chili rolled up in tortilla and add in some sliced avocado. STORING LEFTOVERS:
Store in a covered container for up to 2 days. reheat on the stove top or microwave.